Building Jobs4Colorado coalition is broad coalition of construction design professionals, general
contractors, sub-contractors, sub-sub- contractors and owner organizations across Colorado. BJ4C
members represent over 4,500 companies, including over 1,500 sub-contractors representing tens of
thousands of Colorado citizens. BJ4C represents more than 90% of the Colorado construction industry.
Building Jobs4Colorado was founded in late 2008 in an effort to build a coalition around payment reform
and construction industry issues. BJ4C is committed to working with industry stakeholders to preserve and
build construction and design jobs in Colorado.
BJ4C has continued to develop to enhance awareness of the construction and design communities by:
collaborating and taking positions on legislative issues and executing strategies, collaborating on candidate
interviews, hosting an annual legislative reception, outreach and communications with the interested
parties, stakeholders and partners.
Building Jobs is the leading voice of construction and design industry at the Colorado state Capitol
— To learn more about BJ4C priorities please contact the member organization which fits your industry below or contact us here.
- Construction Defects Litigation Reform
- Legislative Payment Reform
- Collaboration on Legislation and Lobbying Efforts
- Annual Construction Industry Legislative Reception
- Denver City & County – established quarterly meetings with Denver to enhance communication regarding public works, projects, payment issues, electronic billing, sales & use tax issues, best practices, etc.
- Coordinated Candidate Interviews
- Candidate Reception for Candidates with Multiple Endorsements
- Outreach to Public and Private entities to improve payment practices and increase construction job growth in Colorado
Building Jobs4Colorado coalition is broad coalition of construction design professionals, general contractors, sub-contractors, sub-sub- contractors and owner organizations across Colorado.
Current BJ4C Steering Committee Members:
*BJ4C Steering Committee members make a financial contribution and play an integral role in BJ4C decisions & initiatives
- American Council of Engineering Companies of Colorado (ACEC Colorado)
- American Subcontractor Association of Colorado (ASAC)
- Associated Builders & Contractors (ABC)
- Associated General Contractors (AGC)
- Associated Landscape Contractors of Colorado (ALCC)
- Colorado Association of Home Builders (CAHB)
- Colorado Association of Mechanical & Plumbing Contractors (CAMP)
- Colorado BUILDS
- Colorado Contractors Association (CCA)
- Hispanic Contractors of Colorado (HCC)
- Independent Electrical Contractors Rocky Mountain (IECRM)
- National Electrical Contractors Association - NECA Rocky Mountain
- National Electrical Contractors Association – NECA Southern Colorado
- Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning Contractors National Association (SMACNA)
BJ4C Ex-officio & Participating Organizations:
- Building Owners & Management (BOMA Denver) ex-officio
- NAIOP ex-officio
- Various individual construction companies